Note: Recipe is free from gluten and dairy.
A simple, high protein recipe by Nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons from www.livelovenourish.com.au Perfect for dinner or lunch and family friendly.
1 x 280g tuna in olive oil, drained
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1 extra large egg
1/4 cup spring onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp curry powder
3 tbsp sesame seeds
Extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
Pinch sea salt
1/2 cup natural yoghurt of choice, unsweetened
3 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp dill leaves, fresh or dried
Pinch sea salt
Fresh lemon wedges to serve
1. Drain tuna and ﬂake into a mixing bowl.
2. Add pre-cooked quinoa, egg, spring onions, garlic and curry powder. Mix well, making sure tuna is ﬂaked ﬁnely.
3. Sprinkle half the amount of sesame seeds onto a ﬂat plate.
4. Carefully shape mixture into 6 patties and place onto plate with seeds.
5. Add remaining seeds on top of patties and coat.
6. Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
7. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Don’t press down (keep patties in their shape). Be gentle when turning over and don’t cook over too high heat so seeds don’t burn.
8. Meanwhile, combine yoghurt with lemon juice, zest and dill.
9. Serve patties topped with lemon yogurt and your choice of sides. Squeeze over fresh lemon just before enjoying to add extra freshness.
About the author: Passionate about inspiring others to live a healthy and happy life, naturopath and nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons shares her healthy recipes in a refreshing and simple way. Her easy-to-understand nutrition and lifestyle advice has helped many people improve their health and vitality and to live their healthiest and best life. To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media: