Makes: Approx 12
Prep: 10 minutes
These simple, healthy and very quick toppers are great for no-fuss finger food and perfect for last minute guests. The balance of protein and good fats from the tuna and avoacdo satisfy and together the flavours make the perfect savoury snack.
- 150g Little Tuna Australian tuna, drained
- Flesh of 1/2 large creamy, ripe avocado, mashed 2 tbsp good quality mayonnaise or natural yoghurt 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or coriander, finely chopped Salt & cracked pepper
- 1 large cucumber, cut into rounds
- Small cherry tomatoes, halved
- Chives, finely chopped to garnish
1. In a mixing bowl flake tuna and add avocado, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Combine well. 2. Mix through herbs and adjust seasoning to taste.
3. Arrange rounds of cucumber on your serving platter.
4. Spoon portions of the filling on cucumber. Top with a tomato and sprinkle with chives
5. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
Recipe by Casey-Lee Lyons, Live Love Nourish
Passionate about inspiring others to live a healthy and happy life, naturopath and nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons shares her healthy recipes in a refreshing and simple way.
Her easy-to-understand nutrition and lifestyle advice has helped many people improve their health and vitali- ty and to live their healthiest and best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelove- nourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media: