Tasty and easy, tuna mornay is a comfort food dinner that the whole family will love, and even better it can be scratched together from whatever ingredients you have lying around.
Cook: 35 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Serving: 8 servings
- Cook the pasta according to packet directions and drain. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large saucepan over medium, melt the butter and add onion and sauté for a minute. Then add the corn, carrot and peas. Sauté gently for a few minutes. Sprinkle over the flours and stir to coat the veggies.
- Pour in 3/4 cup of milk and stir with a whisk until the sauce thickens. Continue to add the milk, around 1/2 a cup at a time until sauce thickens.
- Add the mustard and 1 cup of cheese and stir well. Once the cheese has melted, add the tuna, stir to combine.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and extra 1/2 cup of cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce and place into a baking dish. Top with the breadcrumb mixture bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve, or freeze in small portions for up to 1 month.
This delicious recipe was caught from onehandedcooks.com.au.